Solefish and other flat fishes are bottom
feeding, carnivorous and asymmetrical with both eyes being present either on the right or left side. They are represented in Indian waters by a large numbers of genera, Psettodes,Poecilopsetta Bothus, Pseudorhombus, Solea, Paraplagusia and Cynoglossus. Most of the flat fish species occur in small numbers in the miscellaneous catches all along the coast, except Cynoglosus semifaciatus, the Malabar sole, which supports an important fishery next to sardine, mackerel in Kerala. The best season for fishery immediately after the south west monsoon, September being always the month of peak commercial catches.
The dusky sole, Lepidopsetta mochigarei, is a flatfish of the family Pleuronectidae. It is a demersal fish that lives on bottoms in the temperate waters of the northwest Pacific, from the Korean peninsula to the southern Sea of Okhotsk. It grows up to 40 centimetres (16 in) in length.Culinary uses
1. Delicious with exceptional nutritional value found in few other foods (omega 3 fatty acids), the versatile solefish can be served in a variety of ways and is always a favorite among fish lovers.2. Combine steamed solefish with greens and vegetables for a delicious salad..
3. Serve seared, or broiled solefish over whole wheat pasta. Top with a sauce made with olive oil, dill weed, lemon peel, scallions and black pepper. Look for our healthy methods of Stovetop Searing and Quick Broiling.4. For a healthy appetizer, serve smoked or roasted solefish on a platter with onions, capers, lemon wedges and mini rye bread slices.
5. The solefish can be grilled, roasted or even made into fish soups, cutlets and cold salads.
6. Solefish are often deep fried with spices and eaten with steamed rice and vegetables. Fried solefish amritsari and spicy garlic Fish fry are few favorites among Indians.7. Stewed solefish , baked solefish with asparagus, solefish in carribean sauce are a few popular recipes
1. Solefish is rich in omega-3 fatty acid content, but increasing your consumption of all types of fish and seafood is recommended to derive the best health benefits.
2.Solefish are excellent sources of protein that are low in fat3. The protein in fish is of high quality, containing an abundance of essential amino acids, and is very digestible for people of all ages. 4. Solefish is also generally lower in fat and calories than beef, poultry or pork. 5. It is also loaded with carotenoids and minerals such as iron, zinc and calcium
Read More About Dusky Sole
Recipe for Dusky Sole Link1