Textured or texturized vegetable protein
(TVP), also known as textured soy protein, soy meat, or soya chunks, Soya Nuggets or Mealmaker
is a defatted soy flour product, a by product of extracting soybean oil.
The protein obtained from soybeans, containing the essential amino acids. The most common forms are soybean flour (approximately 50% protein), soybean concentrate (approximately 70% protein), and soybean protein isolate (approximately 90% protein).
It is used in sausages, snack foods, and meat analogs to provide emulsification, binding, moisture control, texture control, and protein fortification.
It is also termed soy protein.
Uses of Soya Chunks:
Health Benefits of Soya Chunks:
- Soya nuggets are just like our Indian vadis, you may use the soy flour, just need to dried out in the sun and use as per need.
- It is necessary to boil the dried nuggets before using further, you just need to boil it for few minutes in sufficient amount of water until they become soft and fluffy.
- You can make delicious and healthy salads by combining soya chunks with vegetables of your choice, stir with the yummy sauces and here it go.
- You can make various types of mixed sprouted soybeans into salads or use as toppings for sandwiches.
- You can add soybeans to vegetable stews and soups for making them more healthy.
- Soya nuggets can go with bread slice and pav.
- Delicious and nutritional soya nuggets curry recipe is highly served with roti, bread and rice.
- Make variety of pulao and biryani’s by adding boiled nutri nuggets.
- Nutri nuggets with pasta is truly a delicious delight.
- Combine the boiled nutri, radish, carrot, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes, onion and vegetables of your choice, stir with lemon juice, orange juice, salt and pepper powder to enjoy a yummy salad recipe.
- Nutri’s are extremely high in protein.
- They are pure vegetarian beans, hence good choice for the vegetarians.
- Nutri is rich in protein diet and essential for complete nutrition.
- It is proven a healthy food item for young as well as for old people.
- It is unproblematic food item, especially for diabetics and heart patients.
- Soy oil is also very healthy in cooking.
- Soya nuggets provides a good amount of vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein for growing children.
- Soya contains high amount of fiber, it helps in loosing weight as well.
- Soya bean is one of the best non-fish sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, that can help in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Soy protein can provide positive results for people with high blood pressure.
- Soy protein has various benefits for the women, especially during the post-menopausal years.
Read More at Wikipedia
Read more about Soya Chunks